This will either brighten up your day or make you gag from all the cheese-tastic-ness. “Grease” stars Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta have come together to create what will be either a magical or a headache-inducing Christmas record entitled This Christmas (out November 13th). Commenting on the album in a recent interview, the very likable Newton-John said, “My desire was to make… an intimate album, not something too ostentatious or showy… I wanted people to be able to play it around the house, or in the car, during the holidays, and make us part of your celebration.”
Something about this doesn’t make sense though. Travolta is an infamous Scientologist. Is it really kosher for him to make a Christmas album?
Jokes aside, proceeds from album sales will go to the Jett Travolta Foundation and the Olivia Newton-John Cancer and Wellness Centre in Melbourne, and we can all appreciate good deeds around the holidays.
Here’s the track listing. Can’t forget Kenny G!
1. Baby It’s Cold Outside
2. Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree (featuring Kenny G)
3. I’ll Be Home for Christmas (featuring Barbara Streisand)
4. This Christmas (featuring Chick Corea)
5. Silent Night
6. The Christmas Waltz
7. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (featuring Cliff Richard)
8. Winter Wonderland (featuring Tony Bennett and The Count Basie Orchestra)
9. White Christmas
10. I Think You Might Like It
11. The Christmas Song
12. Deck the Halls (featuring James Taylor)
13. Auld Lang Syne/Christmas Time Is Here (Medley)
December 5th update: The video for “I Think You Might Like It” is now out. Let’s just say that it was hard for me to even watch this entire thing. But… you might like it!!! (get it??)